[Ubuntu] Please fix dependencies for Fiona

Luí­s de Sousa luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
Tue Mar 29 05:55:39 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I would like to install Fiona, but it is failling with unmet dependencies:

$ sudo apt-get install python-fiona
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

python-fiona : Depends: libgdal.so.1-1.11.1 but it is not installable

I though the libgdal package was tapped from somewhere else, but it is actually installed from the ubuntugis-unstable repository:

$ apt-cache policy libgdal1h
libgdal1h:
Installed: 1.11.2+dfsg-1~exp2~trusty
Candidate: 1.11.2+dfsg-1~exp2~trusty
Version table:
*** 1.11.2+dfsg-1~exp2~trusty 0
500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
1.10.1+dfsg-5ubuntu1 0
500 http://ch.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages

I therefore tried to downgrade it, but it seems it is absent:

$ sudo apt-get install libgdal1h=1.11.1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Version '1.11.1' for 'libgdal1h' was not found

Could you please make libgdal version 1.11.1 available again? Or hook up Fiona to libgdal 1.11.2?

Thank you,

Luís

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.ch), encrypted email based in Switzerland.