[Ubuntu] git push fails

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 25 08:34:17 PST 2016

On 11/25/2016 12:50 PM, Martin Landa wrote:
>> There are commits on the branch that you haven't pulled into your
>> working copy. You can fix it by rebasing your branch:
>>
>>  git pull --rebase
>
> thanks for explanation, I have update GRASS cookbook accordingly. Martin

You missed the Provides change for the update to 7.2.0~rc2:

 https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/grass.git/commit/?h=experimental&id=48fc010b3ffd51a892a9a13be97e910f2b3a2501

The upstream version is reflected in the virtual package provided by
grass-core, e.g. 7.2.0~rc2 becomes grass720-2 where the -2 indicates the
pre-release. For 7.2.0 final is will become grass720.

I've fixed it on the trusty & xenial branches, and pushed the commits to
Alioth. Don't forget to pull the changes to have those commits in your
working copy before you make new changes, to prevent the need to rebase.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1