[Ubuntu] Fwd: [GRASS-dev] ubuntu gis policy

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Sep 16 05:57:21 PDT 2016

Hi Martin,

Little clarification for the non-expert lurkers like myself, are you
suggesting that the naming order should be as follows?

    unstable --> testing --> stable

... which would match the Debian policy found here:

    https://www.debian.org/releases/

Daniel

On 2016-09-16 8:37 AM, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I took liberty to forward opinion about PPA naming from GRASS ML.  The
> name for unstable PPA is simply confusing (moreover with combination
> of testing PPA used for experimental packages - especially for Debian
> users). Could be that I missed discussion about PPA naming, anyway
> current names do not respect real usage of PPAs in my eyes.
>
> And I want to express again big thanks (especially to Angelos) for
> making ubuntugis project alive! Martin

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201