[Ubuntu] GDAL 2.2.0 transition

Bas Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 7 05:09:25 PDT 2017

On 2017-08-07 14:05, Andre Joost wrote:
> Am 30.07.2017 um 13:02 schrieb Angelos Tzotsos:
>> ok, I updated the QGIS package and seems that we are good now.
>>

> Unfortunately, not.
>
> I'm not able to install QGIS 2.18 or 2.14 from qgis.org with ubuntugis
> dependencies (see https://issues.qgis.org/issues/16977), nor QGIS
> 2.14.17 solely ubuntugis unstable (see
> https://issues.qgis.org/issues/16975)

Only the latter is relevant for the GDAL transition in UbuntuGIS.

The qgis.org packages need to be rebuild after the UbuntuGIS PPA has
been updated.

> Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
>  python-qgis : Beschädigt: python-qt4 (< 4.11.4+dfsg-2) aber
> 4.11.4+dfsg-1build4 soll installiert werden
> E: Probleme können nicht korrigiert werden, Sie haben
> zurückgehaltene defekte Pakete.
>
> Any hints how to solve the python-qt4 problem?

The qgis package shouldn't build the embedded QtWebKit module if the
python-qt4 package in Ubuntu still includes it (which the dependency
error implies).

Kind Regards,

Bas