[Ubuntu] non-LTS packages

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Wed May 3 23:39:15 PDT 2017

On 05/04/2017 08:29 AM, Martin Landa wrote:
>>> If you want to maintain grass packages for other Ubuntu releases, that
>>> should be done in the GRASS PPA. Which comes with the downside of users
>>> likely having to deal with incompatible packages between PPAs when
>>> they're using more than one.
>>
>> OK, I will use GRASS PPA for non-LTS packages. Thanks for feedback, Ma
>
> just to be sure, is it feasible to maintain such packages in git [1]?

Yes, but you should use a different branch and tag prefix to
differentiate it from the packaging maintained for the UbuntuGIS PPAs.

For the packaging intended for the GRASS PPA the 'grass/' prefix is
appropriate.

See also:

 https://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/repositories.html#other-git-branches

Kind Regards,