[Ubuntu] QGis 3 on UbuntuGIS PPA

Worth Lutz wal3 at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 15 13:47:15 PST 2018

Hi Jurgen,

On 11/15/2018 2:29 AM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:

> Hi Worth Lutz,
>> Is this the normal inconsistency problem with using ubuntugis which has been
>> described in this email thread?  The one which gets fixed at each QGIS point
>> release and not with each change to ubuntugis?
> No, this just because ubuntugis doesn't offer much newer dependencies for
> bionic - only GRASS 7.4.2 instead of GRASS 7.4.0.
>

> Jürgen

So the next point release of Qgis will not include a release for bionic
in the qgis.org/ubuntugis repo?

I'm asking because I need ubuntugis/unstable for MapServer and am
wondering how to keep things in sync for QGIS without the above
referenced release.

I don't want to make work for you all.  :)   I am just trying to
understand what I need to do to keep up to date but not broken.

Thanks for all you do,

*Worth Lutz*