[Ubuntu] Jammy stable updates

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Jan 19 07:34:32 PST 2024

On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 03:04:07PM +0200, Angelos Tzotsos via Ubuntu wrote:

> It has been a while since we updated the stable ppa for Jammy.
> The unstable ppa was used for the latest OSGeoLive release and things seem
> quiet, so I am planning to copy all the packages from unstable to stable
> soon.

I'll take the chance to post my first message to the list for asking:
when you refer to "unstable" and "stable" are you referring to the
upstream "DebianGIS" repositories ?

I've been backporting geos-3.12.1 from Ubuntu-24.04 dpkg-src
repository and I still didn't understand if that source package
is just EXACTLY the same as found in some upstream Debian
source package repository. I also saw UbuntuGIS ppa does have
source package repositories so the same question applies to that one.

Should one have contributions to make, where are they best directed at ?

Also: when backporting, what's the best source repository to use as a
starting point ?

Thank you for the great packaging work you're doing :)

--strk;

  Libre GIS consultant/developer
  https://strk.kbt.io/services.html