[OSGeo-UK] Free-to-use basic outline and rivers maps of Essex

Joanne Cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 09:44:55 EDT 2009

Hi Andrew,

As Tim says, the lack of freely available geodata is a big problem in the UK, and one that the local chapter is keen to rectify. We are in the process of compiling our own list of data, which you can find here: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Public_Geodata_for_the_UK, and globally OSGeo has a public geodata project, and it's homepage is here: http://www.osgeo.org/geodata. For what you're after I would concur with Tim and recommend the OpenStreetMap datasets.

All the best, and welcome to the community!

Jo