[OSGeo-UK] Unlock - EDINA's gazetteer and geoparser services

Andrew Larcombe andrew at andrewlarcombe.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 09:02:40 EST 2010

On 17 Dec 2009, at 10:28, Jo Walsh wrote:

> dear Chippy, Andrew, all,
>
> >> I kept on getting errors "Error executing command-line
> application "
>>> when I saved and then uploaded a html document.
>>> However, when I copied and pasted the text into a text file, and
>>> uploaded that, i got "Incorrect number of parameters" for xml output
>>> (The JSON and KML seemed to work though)
>
> Right, we found the likely cause of your html-parsing issue and
> have reinstated the HTML option in the form-based interface.
>
> http://unlock.edina.ac.uk/text.html
>
> Otherwise, that page has been expanded to explain the different
> options, hopefully somewhat clearly. The main outstanding caveat is
> that if you use the 'XML' document type option, but the document
> isn't well-formed XML, you'll still see the unfriendly error.
>
> Next step is to trap the different error states better, but that
> will take longer to resolve working with our partners in this part
> of the project, the wonderful people at the Language Technology
> Group in the University of Edinburgh's School of Informatics.

This is great, thanks. What is the relevance/meaning/scale of the
score, clusteriness etc attributes that are returned with the places
in the xml?

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Larcombe
Freelance Geospatial, Database & Web Programming

web: http://www.andrewlarcombe.co.uk : http://blog.andrewl.net
email: andrew at andrewlarcombe.co.uk
mob: +44 (7760) 258623
icq: 306690163