[OSGeo-UK] Introduction

Adrià Mercader amercader.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 06:08:50 EDT 2010

Hi everybody,
I would like to introduce myself to the OSGeo UK community. My name is
Adrià Mercader and I'm a geospatial software developer and integrator.
For the past 5 years I've been working in Spain for a company
specialized in Open Source geospatial solutions
(http://www.geodata.es). My work was mainly focused on the publication
of spatial data online and everything it comprises. I also started a
small OS project, the WMS Inspector [1].

I recently moved to Newcastle upon Tyne and I intend to grasp the
situation of the geospatial ecosystem in the UK (specially on the OS
side) and its particularities. I know that the best place to start
would have been the past OSGIS conference in Nottingham, but
unfortunately I was unable to attend it, but I'm sure following the
list will help me a lot too.

Are there other particular resources that you think may be worth checking?

Thanks and best regards,

Adrià Mercader