[OSGeo-UK] Responding to the consultation on opening Ordnance Survey's data

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Mar 16 22:37:19 EDT 2010

On 16/03/2010 17:50, Mike Saunt wrote:
> nice one Jo and +1 from me

Thanks to all who have responded positively, I really appreciate it, and
also those who contributed edits to the document.

Before sending I took out the quoted questions and re-arranged some of
the answers so there was a bit more narrative to it.
There is a copy of the final version on the OKF blog,
http://blog.okfn.org/2010/03/15/response-to-the-consultation-on-opening-access-to-ordnance-survey-data/

Also on OKF blog are notes from the talk I gave at the Jornadas SIG
Libre in Girona last week on the work of the Open Knowledge Foundation
and the ways in which its structure and projects have been shaped by
free software practise.
http://blog.okfn.org/2010/03/17/a-free-software-model-for-open-knowledge/

The Spanish are really owning open source GIS this year, upcoming is
State of the Map, the OpenStreetmap conference, also in Girona -
http://stateofthemap.org/

Followed by the international FOSS4G in Barcelona: http://2010.foss4g.org/

cheers,

jo