[OSGeo-UK] Foss4G - OSGeo UK update?

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Wed Sep 15 16:39:17 EDT 2010

On 09/14/2010 05:47 PM, Joanne Cook wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've finally finished blogging my impressions of the conference, at www.archaeogeek.com- I didn't manage to arrange a specific UK chapter meetup, however.
>
> A couple of quick, trite thoughts- I was surprised at only 19 UK people there- and would like to know how that compares with previous conferences. Compared to the UK conferences (AGI etc) that I have been to recently, I thought there was more energy and a more positive outlook, but perhaps that's because it's more people doing things because they enjoy it than because they have to (said it was trite).
>
> I also made lots of notes on how to run a conference like that- but it's clear that the next available "Europe slot" won't be till 2013 at the earliest- possibly even 2014.
>
> All the best
>
> Jo

the Wiki or both. This is valuable for all coming FOSS4G. The local team
is new each time and it is a big adventure to them. By the time we are
back in Europe we will surely have forgotten everything if we don't
collect, organize and archive it somewhere.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

--
Exploring Space, Time and Mind