[OSGeo-UK] How to use OS data? Missing OS GIS

Matt Walker walkermatt at longwayaround.org.uk
Fri Apr 15 14:33:46 EDT 2011

Hi Matt,

If you are referring to the splitting the data from a given layer into a
series of Shape files under 2GB then the OSMM loader doesn't do this at
present although I don't see why this couldn't be done quite easily.
Generally though if you are working with a large volume of data loading into
a spatial database like PostGIS might be more suitable and the loader can
already load do that as it can load into any of the OGR formats (see
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_formats.html for a list).

Cheers,

Matt.

Matt Walker