[OSGeo-UK] Bin packing problem

Matthew Snape SnapeM at rpsgroup.com
Thu Feb 24 05:42:58 EST 2011

Antony,

I asked a similar question on GIS stack exchange last month:
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/4828/algorithm-to-place-maximum-n
umber-of-points-within-constrained-area-at-a-minimum.  Unfortunately I
never found anything GIS specific.  I did find this:

https://devel.nuclex.org/framework/wiki/RectanglePacking#no1

Are the roofs assumed to be rectangular, or can they be any shape?