[OSGeo-UK] RE: Webcast presentations of Open Source GIS Conference 2011

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 06:34:20 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Michael Spencer
<michael_spencer at live.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Suchith,
>
> Great these resources are online, there were lots of really good talks over
> the two days. It's a shame the mode of delivery excludes those running on
> linux though...
>
> Unless anyone knows a work around?

 WOW! I think I just found one...

 Their javascript has a test, mediaPlayerIsWindowsMedia() which
evaluates 'false' under Linux. However, if I start up the Firebird
debugger, set a breakpoint at the right place, head to the console and
redefine:

function mediaPlayerIsWindowsMedia(){return true;}

then continue, as if by magic Tyler appears in a little window talking
about interoperability. I'm not sure if its supposed to synchronise
with the slides or something though. Maybe I've not got that far.
Maybe I need to fire it up in a Windows VM and see what its supposed
to do. This is Firefox on Ubuntu 10.04.

Anyway, enough JS hacking for now. It can be done, whoever wrote the
JS for the player were just lacking clue.

Barry