[OSGeo-UK] OSGeo:UK IRC Meeting

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Mon Jan 30 07:56:58 EST 2012

Dear All,

I'm afraid I can't make this lunch-time's meeting, but here's a quick
progress update.

1) We are going to be sponsoring the GISRUK conference in Lancaster in
April- and will have our stand there. In a scheduling screw-up on my part,
I will only be able to attend on the last day of the event (Friday), so I'm
looking for volunteers to get the stand to the event (Barry?) and man it on
Wednesday and Thursday. Can you let me know if you're interested?

2) I am chasing up a couple of case-studies at the moment- both have asked
me to remind them again in a few weeks when they are over a particularly
busy patch.

3) I am in the process of getting together a working group to start
thinking about FOSS4G 2013 planning, and hoping to hold a meeting in early
March, probably in the London area. Details to follow. The bidding process
for FOSS4G appears to be a bit uncertain at the moment- there were
intimations of changing this, but things have gone quiet. I will try and
find out some more information about this.

4) I am off to Seattle on Friday for a Face-to-Face meeting of the OSGeo
Board of Directors. I will report back afterwards!

Thanks

Jo

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Suchith Anand <
Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,****
>
> ** **
>
> Reminder of today's OSGeo:UK IRC Meeting****
>
> ** **
>
> Date - 30th Jan 2012****
>
> Time - 13:00-14:00 ****
>
> ** **
>
> Draft Agenda****
>
> ** **
>
> 1. Introductions****
>
> ** **
>
> 2. Casestudies update - Antony Scott****
>
> ** **
>
> 3. Events update - Jo Cook****
>
> ** **
>
> 4. Strategies and Marketing update - Mike Saunt****
>
> ** **
>
> 5. Research and academic activities update - Suchith Anand****
>
> ** **
>
> 6. .....****
>
> ** **
>
> 7. ....****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Please add/modify items to the agenda****
>
> ** **
>
> IRC meeting:****
>
> ** **
>
> 1) Login at http://webchat.freenode.net/ ****
>
> 2) Join the #osgeo-uk channel****
>
> ** **
>
> Look forward to see many of you there.****
>
> ** **
>
> Best wishes,****
>
> ** **
>
> Suchith****
>
> ** **
>
>  This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and
> error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it. Please do not
> attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do

> computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email
> permitted by UK legislation.

***Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18
7RL, UK
t:+44 750 095 8167
iShare - Data integration and publishing platform<http://www.isharemaps.com/>
See the new Helpdesk and Customer
portal<http://support.astuntechnology.com/home>
Over 35% of the 4 star council websites use iShare - SOCITM Better
Connected 2010

See our customer commendations and
awards<http://astuntechnology.com/customers/awards-and-commendations/>

864201149.