[OSGeo-UK] Next OSGeo:UK IRC meeting on June 18th (Mon) 1-2pm

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue May 15 06:51:55 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Thanks for all who were able to join yesterday's OSGeo:UK IRC meeting. Next meeting will be on June 18th (Mon) 1-2pm. We will know the outcome of FOSS4G 2013 UK bid on 14th June and we can plan future steps and action items then. So please add the meeting time to your calendar and attend.

The key actions from yesterday's meeting:

1. If your organisation can provide a LoS for UK bid for FOSS4G2013, it will be greatly appreciated. We already got LoS from various organisations and it will be good to have more. Please email Jo with your organisations LoS

2. Rollo Home is setting up a website for individuals to put their comments of support for hosting FOSS4G 2013 in UK. Jo will be sending the url around when ready. Please do add your statement of support for UK's bid for hosting FOSS4G next year. We want to make sure anyone who is interested to be involved in FOSS4G 2013, gets opportunity to provide their time and support for this.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Dr Suchith Anand
Nottingham Geospatial Institute
Nottingham Geospatial Building
University of Nottingham  NG7 2 TU
Tel: (0)115 82 32750
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~lgzwww/contacts/staffPages/SuchithAnand/Suchith%20Anand.htm
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/cgs/research/researchareas/opensourcegeospatialresearch.aspx
http://elogeo.nottingham.ac.uk/
http://ica-opensource.scg.ulaval.ca/

Leading Open Geospatial Science through ICA Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies

Mission - Building up Open Source, Open Standards, Open Data research for bridging the digital divide