[OSGeo-UK] New release of Portable GIS

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Sun Sep 9 05:33:07 PDT 2012

Dear All,

After a long hiatus, I'm pleased to announce the new edition of Portable
GIS. I'm announcing it here first, in case anyone finds any show-stopper
issues, though I have had a couple of beta-testers checking it out for me.

This is slightly stripped down from the previous versions in that it no
longer contains MySQL, GvSIG, Geoserver, and uDIG. It does, however,
contain the latest stable releases of PostgreSQL, PostGIS, QGIS, Mapserver
and a number of others, and has been tested with Windows XP to 7. If there
is a lot of interest in including some of the old packages, such as
Geoserver, then I will build an edition that includes them. However as it
stands it is a 400MB download and will now fit comfortably on a 2GB USB
stick when uncompressed.

I'm experimenting with hosting the download in dropbox, but if this doesn't
work I'll move it somewhere better.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/136783/portablegis_setup_v3.exe

I now have a decent development environment for building new releases, so
I'm hoping to build a new version with each major new release of QGIS,
Mapserver, PostgreSQL and PostGIS. Watch this space...

Thanks for your support over the years!

Jo

--
***Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18

864201149.