[OSGeo-UK] Contributing to open source development

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Fri Jan 9 07:35:47 PST 2015

Dear All,

You might be interested to know that our good friends the QGIS UK user
group are planning to contribute a small amount of money to a kickstarter
project aimed at developing some additional QGIS functionality:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/41633306/a-christmas-gift-for-qgis-live-layer-effects-for-q

This is something that I think the OSGeo:UK chapter in general should be
looking at- as a way of supporting the projects that we all gain benefit
from. So- if you know of any similar projects, kickstarter or otherwise,
then do post to the mailing list and we'll see what we can do.

We don't have a huge amount of money, but it would be nice to contribute if
we can- subject to a few caveats so we're not throwing good money down the
drain!

Regards

Jo

--
*Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18

864201149.