[OSGeo-UK] Planning a UK FOSS4G event in 2016

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Thu Jul 30 04:32:42 PDT 2015

Dear OSGeo:UK list, and FOSS4G 2013 team members,

The OSGeo:UK chapter is planning to hold a FOSS4G-style event in the UK in
2016, and we're after volunteers to help us run it.

This won't be the main FOSS4G event, or even a FOSS4G-Eurpoe, and neither
will it be an OSGIS, but something different. Details are sketchy (pretty
much non-existent) at present, but it's going to be quite light-touch, and
focused on users and developers (there won't be an academic track, although
academics are of course welcome to come along). We are considering a
hackathon and workshops, and potentially a developer code-sprint.

If you'd like to be involved, then you should be aware that there will be
some time commitment needed in working hours, from the outset, and ramping
up as we get closer to the event. Even light-touch events need a lot of
organisation!

If you haven't been put off by these caveats, then please get in touch,
either by replying to this thread or by contacting me directly. We will
need to put a limit on the number of people that we include on the team,
depending on interest, but there will also be opportunities to assist
during the event itself.

Thanks

Jo

--
*Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18

864201149.