[OSGeo-UK] FOSS4G-EU Local Chapter

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Mon Jun 27 04:13:41 PDT 2016

Hi Till,

Despite current events in the UK, OSGeo:UK are in favour of an EU chapter.
Personally, after reviewing the wiki page, I'd like to see some text about
the legal structure before agreeing 100%, even if there's just an outline
of what is proposed.

Thanks

Jo

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 1:17 PM, <till.adams at foss4g2016.org> wrote:

> Dear FOSS4G local chapters,
>
> (if I missed any local chapter, please feel free to spread the word also
> to other European chapters.)
>
> Marc Vloemans, Gert-Jan van der Wejden (both from local dutch chapter),
> Dirk Frigne (from local chapter Belgium and OSGeo board member) and
> me-myself-and-I, Till Adams (from german speaking local chapter FOSSGIS
> e.V.) met end of May after Geospatial World Forum in Rotterdam. We
> discussed about the potential and the need to have an European local OSGeo
> chapter, which is not "above" the local chapters and which does not
> overtake tasks, that are already well covered by OSGeo.org, but that
> overtakes different, special European-related tasks and challenges, that
> aren't already covered by local chapters or by OSGeo.org itself.
>
> Please find our ideas and plans in the OSGeo WIKI [1].
>
> Before sending a formal proposal to the board to ask for recognition for
> the Local EU chapter, we'd like you to comment on our ideas with the goal
> to make an even better OSGeo for all of us. Please comment directly on the
> page in the WIKI, so you can be sure to share your thoughts with everybody.
>
> Because we want to go forward with that soon, please consider on
> commenting ASAP as we see FOSS4G in Bonn as a good opportunity to establish
> the local EU chapter.
>

> Hope to see you all in Bonn [2] & with kind regards,
>
> Till
>

> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Europe
> [2] http://2016.foss4g.org

*Jo Cook*
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18
7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic intelligence platform
<https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>
Helpdesk and customer portal