[OSGeo-UK] Donations to projects

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Tue Nov 22 09:39:08 PST 2016

Dear All,

A quick update and canvas of opinions on OSGeo:UK donations to software
projects. We made a healthy surplus after FOSS4G UK, so prompted by
http://blog.qgis.org/2016/11/19/lets-make-a-big-funding-push-for-qgis-3-0/,
we'd like to sponsor QGIS, potentially as a silver sponsor (see link for
details). We're also looking at ways in which we could make a similar
contribution to PostGIS although that's not as straightforward.

We have further plans to offer bursaries for FOSS4G 2017, but more on that
when we've firmed up our ideas there. We're also open to the suggestion of
sponsoring events, and again are firming up our criteria for that.

So basically chaps, what do you think about donations to QGIS and PostGIS?
Are there any other projects that you'd like to see us contribute to? Ideas
on and off list welcome. We'll take no response to mean everyone's happy
with our plans.

Furthermore, I'm happy to announce that we have committed to sponsor
Rasters Revealed on the 21st February 2017- which looks like a super event.
See https://rastersrevealed.net/ for more details!

All the best

Jo
--
*Jo Cook*
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18
7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic intelligence platform
<https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>
Helpdesk and customer portal