[OSGeo-UK] How to spend some money

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 08:09:43 PST 2017

Hi Mathew

I can’t tell from your web site whether the open tiles project is an open source project or not? If you are thinking of making your project open source you might want to consider either the OSGeo Community Project model or the Incubation stage, details of both can be found at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Projects#Comparison_with_Incubation <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Projects#Comparison_with_Incubation>

I don't understand "It does not aspire to replace open source software - but it does challenge the n-year-old tools that are out there now. The project will contribute improvements to O/S software where they are shown to deliver value”, perhaps you could explain.

This mailing list is the best starting point for engaging with the OSGeo:UK community, tell us what help you are looking for and hopefully someone will chip in with an offer of help or advice.

You might want to consider submitting a talk to the European event in Paris in July, FOSS4G-EU at https://europe.foss4g.org/2017/ <https://europe.foss4g.org/2017/> which will be a large gathering of European Open Source Geo people

______
Steven