[OSGeo-UK] FOSS4GUK 2017

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Mon Mar 13 04:01:23 PDT 2017

Hi List,

There have been some questions on twitter about if/when FOSS4GUK 2017 is
happening. The short answer is that there is no plan for last year's
organising team to run a similar event this year. It requires considerable
investment in time, and extremely sympathetic employers, as well as a lot
of sponsorship to make that kind of event happen successfully, so we're
taking a break this year. For what it's worth, it took us 3 years to
"recover" from organising FOSS4G in 2013!

Having said that, if anyone feels like organising an event, we'd give you
all the support you need. I recall some discussion about a possible
FOSS4G-ECO event, hint hint!

We may potentially organise a one-day event later this year- it's always
fun to organise something for POSTGIS Day, after all.

In the mean time, for those of you missing out on your events, there are
some QGIS User Group meetings coming up- see http://qgis.uk/ for more
details.

Thanks

Jo

--
*Jo Cook*
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18
7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic intelligence platform
<https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>
Helpdesk and customer portal