[OSGeo-UK] Help needed to get info. on bulk suppliers of OSGeo Live USB/DVDs

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Wed Oct 11 01:35:22 PDT 2017

Hi Suchith,

It took a while for me to dig out this information, but this is the company
that we used for FOSS4G 2013:

http://www.vponline.co.uk/quote.html
Total cost for 800 units - DVD - in clear plastic wallet
* Inkjet colour = £290
* Inject colour with waterproof coating = £520
* Thermal colour = £636

For reliable USB drives, at Astun we use a company called USB2U and we go
for this model:

Twister USB 3.0 Flash Drive 8GB - White

These seem to come in at around £4.12 per item but I don't know how many we
buy at a time to get that rate.

Hope that helps

Jo

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 9:22 AM, Suchith Anand <
Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is a request for help. I am discussing ideas with GODAN colleagues on
> how to expand ideas for AgriGIS Capacity Development and I have put forward
> suggestion to provide OSGeo Live USBs/DVDs for the training programs etc.
> This will ensure the participants have in addition to the training all the
> free and open geo tools and sample open geodata to take away and be
> empowered.
>
> I remember some years back for OSGIS conferences in Nottingham, I arranged
> OSGeoLive DVDs but I don’t now remember details of the suppliers. Could I
> request if you have contacts of reliable suppliers (ideally in the UK),
> that I can contact to get quotes for bulk suppliers on the price of the
> flash drives (8GB) and DVDs with  OSGeoLive and GODAN logos and all content
> loaded (download from https://live.osgeo.org/en/download.html  )  and
> checked for  all USBs/DVDs supplied.
>
> I hope once we do this for few training programs we will be able to expand
> the idea for the future. Please email me at Suchith.Anand at godan.info
>  the contact details of USB/DVD suppliers who can do this, so I can request
> quotes. Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Suchith

> University of Nottingham.

> permitted by UK legislation.

*Jo Cook*
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18
7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic intelligence platform
<https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>
Helpdesk and customer portal