[UN] UN GIS Hackathon

Maria Antonia Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Sat Apr 8 03:58:32 PDT 2017

Dear Gavin
There are many functionalities developed by the Korean team within  geotools that were specifically requested by UN for the UN Open GIS Initiative.  They are freely available in github.  A good challenge could be to work starting from those functionalities to add them in QGIS ( for instance as plugins). This in my opinion is useful for the UN Open GIS Project and can be easily  faced by students/young developers of the hackathon.
Sanghee is part of the OSGEO Board and is strongly involved in UN Open GIS Initiative. Therefore he can be the most representative person to come to the hackathon.  But Jeff has a lot of experience in the whole initiative as well.
The most important point is to have tangible results and to attract many young talented people to this hackathon and give it a lot of visibility.
Let us see what the other members of the committee suggest.
I hope to have the possibility of better discussing it on Monday morning during our committee meeting. Will you or Serena attend it?
Have a nice week end!
Maria