[UN] Activity Report 2023 of UN Committee

Ariel Anthieni aanthieni at kan.com.ar
Tue Dec 26 09:54:08 PST 2023

Dear UN Committee participants,
I wanted to share with you the activities that were carried out by the
different participants of the UN Committee:

   - *UN Open GIS: *participation in the monthly meetings with the
   community for the integration of Open Source within the UN community,
   assistance with different presentations and participation in the FOSS4G to
   support UN initiatives.
   - *13th Session of UNGGIM:* participation as guests at the 13th Session
   to be held at the UN headquarter where we shared different external events
   and part of the sessions. As a result, the following reports were produced
   *Link*: https://ggim.un.org/meetings/GGIM-committee/13th-session/
   - *Code4Dev - IDB (International Developer Bank):* we met with the group
   that coordinates the Open Source repository for government solutions and
   the IDB to establish a link with OsGeo and the integration of projects that
   are available from the community and thus forge new alliances. *Link*:
   https://code.iadb.org/en
   - *UNGGIM - Americas - Site Event of the 10 sessions: *On October 20,
   2023, in Santiago de Chile, a Site event was held with the Geoinquietos
   Argentina community. *Link:*
   https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/open-source-side-event-unggim-americas/
   - *UNGGIM Participation:* OsGeo was accepted in the UNGGIM thematic
   group of Geospatial Societies, where we participated in the first meeting
   to disseminate different activities and promote the participation of OsGeo
   projects for the member countries and to participate as experts in the open
   source and geospatial thematic.
   - *GLTN workshop:* we participated in the Workshop to reconnect with the
   Global Land Tool Network (GLTN) Secretariat at UN-Habitat, and thus enhance
   OsGeo's alliances with the community. *Link:* https://gltn.net/
   - *Participation in Digital Public Goods:* we had the first meeting to
   evaluate the integration of this alliance to extend the inclusion in the
   work plans of the member institutions. *Link:*
   https://digitalpublicgoods.net/who-we-are/
   - *Marketing Committee OsGeo:* We started to work on strengthening the
   section of the Service Providers network with the aim of making the
   implementation of open source software robust worldwide with the idea of
   implementing it in a stable way in the institutions. *Link:*
   https://www.osgeo.org/service-providers/
   - *New Page UN Committee OsGeo:* the new page of the UN committee was
   set up on the OsGeo website to formalize the visualization of the
   committee. *Link:* https://www.osgeo.org/about/committees/un-committee/

We hope you all have a Happy Holidays and a Prosperous New Year with many
more initiatives and interactions.

Best regards!!!