[Web Comm] Pointing projectname.osgeo.org?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 10 14:43:52 EDT 2006

On 8/10/06, Jason Birch <Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca> wrote:
> Did we decide that we were OK pointing projectname.osgeo.org to existing project infrastructures?

Jason,

I believe this was considered ok.

> I'm going to be publishing the project info sheets and asking for project rep
> approvals on these, and I thought I may as well ask for feedback whether
> individual projects are interested in this at the same time.

I think we can leave it to projects to request this if they want it.

> If so, do we require
> the OSGeo logo to be displayed above the fold?

Part of the incubation process is updating project web pages to
make their involvement with OSGeo clear.

> Is there a list of "official" contacts for the various software projects?

Not really.  But you can use the incubator list as a way of reaching
a responsible party in each project if you wish.