[Web Comm] RFC mailing lists

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Thu Jun 22 14:28:54 EDT 2006

Hi Auke,
could you please attend to these tasks? It is basically shifting around
content. Currently it looks like the easiest way to find them is through
the Wiki:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Local_Chapters

Have a look into Africa, Brasil, Deutsch and Indonesia - they are all
perfectly different. Africa and Brasil have a domain of their own.
Deutsch has been set up as a mailing list of VisCom and Indonesia
appears as a mailing list on the main mail list list (or something like
that). If you can reunite them on one page and are prepared to add each
new language/region/chapter there manually - fine, go ahead. If I can
help, tell me what to do. Each materialized out of thin air and had to
be put somewhere, now its hard to move them.

There are several perspectives from different user/visitors to the OSGeo
web site that we need to have taken into account. Most perspectives that
the CN infrastructure gives us are not the ones we want, If I want to
see the projects I get this:
https://www.osgeo.org/servlets/ProjectList

To avoid this we might need to create a few static web sites - or just
link them from the Wiki.

This might be a good start:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/WebCom_OSGeo_Site_Focus

Regards, Arnulf.