[Web Comm] Should we have a meeting soon?

Tyler Mitchell tjm at timberline.ca
Tue Mar 7 12:19:06 EST 2006

Fred Warnock wrote:
> Firstly, Thanks to Jason and Daniel for all the effort and activity on
> the site lately.  I've kinda let myself fall out of the loop since our
> teleconference, and now find that this thing seems really daunting.

I'm in the same boat - somewhat overwhelmed, but this is largely due to
my lack of time to commit to getting caught up.  I can barely keep up
with foundation-related emails these days.

Unfortunately, I have realised that I am over committed and need to
withdraw from the committee.  I was hopeful that my personal
circumstances would have improved, but they have not.  With my work
schedule, personal/family commitments and illness in my family, I am
maxed out and won't be able to contribute constructively to this
committee.  The last thing I want to be is an 'inactive' member of a
committee.  Having a meeting at my dinner hour, right after work is out
of the question for me at present, but could you add my resignation as a
topic for the agenda.  I would like to have my resignation request
tabled, discussed and voted on/accepted so that I can feel uncommitted.
  This may sound very formal, but I take my involvement in the
foundation work very seriously and get stressed if I can't keep up to my
personal expectations for involvement.

Just so you know, I would love to be involved in this committee and work
with all of you, sincerely, but it's just not going to work out due to
my lack of time to commit at present.  Hopefully in the future I'll have
more time.  I am always available to give advice or comments but can't
commit to help up front anymore.

Sorry for pulling out so quickly, but I think you've got a great team
and things will work fine without me.