Fixed: Timestamp on RSS announce feeds

Auke Jilderda auke at collab.net
Fri Sep 8 04:13:52 EDT 2006

Folks,

with Daniel having left unexpectedly, the transfer of open issues has
not been as well as we would have liked and it isn't always clear where
certain enhancement requests or defect reports originate from.  The
following is probably the web committee's prerogative so I thought I'd
update you:

Issue CNSC-003825 - Date for RSS Announce feed is current date and time
on osgeo.org:
    When viewing an RSS feed for an annoncement, the date is the current
    time/date it was fetched from the CEE server. The date should be the
    posting date, not the current date. This is a very big problem as
    the key reason for RSS is to detect changes in a feed source.

This issue has been given high priority and is fixed in our upcoming
release and backported to the current release.  The fix has been rolled
out to OSGeo.org already.

Auke

--
Auke Jilderda, CollabNet, Inc., http://www.collab.net
phone: +31 402 364 205 (office), +31 620 622 960 (mobile)