[Webcom] New page, New facilities!

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Mon Feb 5 13:50:07 EST 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have added a simple page to list the committees of OSGeo, linked
> from the long unfollowable link on the about page.
>
>   http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/committees.html
>
> There was also some discussion of whether committees should all have
> a page in Drupal.  I tend to believe that "inward facing" committees like
> WebCom and SAC are perfectly find living in the Wiki.
>
> But much more exciting than that is that Tyler has enabled versioning and
> fixed up the Recent Posts component!  So now:
>
>   http://www.osgeo.org/tracker
>
> shows all the recent posts (this is also "recent posts" on the left-bottom
> when you are logged in).  And edit history is now available (since it was
> turned on).  Woot!  All the best of a wiki and a CMS in one!
>
> Best regards,

Cool!

Dear VisCom,
I motion to vote on having an outward facing presence of VisCom in the Drupal CMS on www.osgeo.org to publish documents, flyers, brochures and similar. Editor access (role contributor?) to those pages should be approved and given by VisCom (probably a vote by email should be fine).

Dear WebCom,
VisCom will initially need the following "roots" (simply aliases):
http://www.osgeo.org/presentations
http://www.osgeo.org/documents
http://www.osgeo.org/press
http://www.osgeo.org/brochures