[WebCom] Web Site Translations

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Fri Jan 5 18:53:19 EST 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 05:17:55PM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> My understanding was that a major impetus for the move to a CMS like Drupal
> was to get more people involved in content work for the web site.  While
> I do think we need some guidelines and some review to ensure things aren't
> going off the rails I also think we need to keep this reasonably open
> to encourage contributions.

+1 on all this, FrankW.

I have been really looking forward to getting a login on the new
site, and know i'm not alone in this. This isn't even at the level of
wanting to install basic modules like calendaring, or replace the lame
compromise of the news page with a proper backend - this is just about
wanting to make corrections and remove old links, etc on individual
pages which, as a committee chair i feel responsible for.

As i understand it, you're waiting for LDAP authentication to be
working against Drupal in some way, (read-only? read-write?) before
you give out accounts to any of the people who are asking.
(Apart from FrankW to whom absolutely nothing can be denied and rightly so!)

Is there a reason for the ongoing holdup, how is shawn's time
optimised against this (e.g. You are assessing trac as a higher
priority? and that has to be done in a sane, global-for-projects
manner rather than being thrown up so that people who are curious or
concerned have a way of being able to get an overview of progress
without having to generate noise asking you on a list or privately?

thanks,

jo