[Webcom] logos were not available

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 22 10:24:18 EST 2007

On 21-Jan-07, at 11:19 PM, Arnulf Christl wrote:

> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> Jason Birch wrote:
>>> We should get that logo page linked up. http://www.osgeo.org/
>>> content/logo/logos.html
>>>
>>> If it hasn't been published yet, we can change the URL right?
>>>
>>> http://www.osgeo.org/content/logo/ would be good...
>> Jason,
>> I think it may be linked by the trademark pages or the FAQ.  I'd
>> prefer you keep it at the same url, though if you want a memorable
>> url you could add a osgeo.org/logos alias.
>> Best regards,
>
> Hey,
> the memorable link is there now but no logos. http://www.osgeo.org/
> logos/

I set that up a while ago but never finished.  That's one of the
strange things about how images are currently being handled - the
images are set to a relative path which doesn't really work too well
for having multiple aliases.

Note that all files for the logos are stored in /var/www/html/content/
logo ... I see there are some links now pointing to a source on
http://download.osgeo.org instead - so I've changed all the image
download links to point to that server for consistency.  Also, I
because they are now all absolute URLs the node/page alias should now
work as well as the imported version.

http://www.osgeo.org/logos

I think VisCom needs a web page here now with links off to these things.