[Webcom] With an attachment or two...

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Mon Jan 22 18:21:34 EST 2007

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> On 22-Jan-07, at 12:53 PM, Jason Birch wrote:
>> At the risk of starting a debate, does anyone prefer reply-to-poster
>> over the current reply-to-list default?
>
> I prefer reply-to-poster.

For what it's worth, in my opinion a mailing list
that is intended to foster communication and
participation becomes 'next to useless' when the
"reply-to-poster" option is used. Many people
(even those that 'know they should use Reply All')
will Reply, and with reply-to-poster the rest of
the people on the list don't see that part of the
"conversation". It's sort of like having a committee
meeting where people wander in and out of the room,
and keep missing bits of the meeting.

--
Dave Patton

http://www.confluence.org/