[Webcom] News Item content type and Drupal "block"

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 25 19:52:13 EST 2007

As noted in IRC to Frank...

Got a second to try out the "news" mechanism for comment/testing?
First - when you log in to osgeo.org you should see the "news" block
in top right it lists the last 4 items (I only entered in 1 or 2)

Second - you should find Create Content -> New Item now filling in
the form should post it nicely to the block and to what can be our
new news summary page /news_items (we can rename)

Sorry - I only made this available to logged in users so as to not
break site for visitors :) until others (WebCom) get a peek at it

Suggestions, comments or changes welcome!  If you need login account
to drupal to try, let me know.