[Webcom] RE: [Viscom-dev] Corporate Identity

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Sun Jan 28 06:11:44 EST 2007

Hi WebCom,
could you please make sure that the header of the OSGeo website is flat
green. There is a pantone number that has be tranlsated to RGB values, its
noted in the Wiki http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Logo. Michael, maybe you
want to check back that this really is the final color.

In order to build strong corporate identity etc. we want to make sure that
OSGeo is green, the current blending with blue looks sort of unmotivated.
Blue is *the* standard corporate color and used by many businesses
including IBM (Big Blue). OGC's corporate color is also blue and to make
it nice an deasy for people to see the difference green is perfect. (((I
personally do not even like green that much but it is important that we
stick to what we have decided))).

I guess the logo would then best be cut out in white as had been done in
the community.osgeo.org prototype (that one could be still around
somewhere?). Trying to include the green logo with a white or grey box
background probably looks awkward too.

At a later stage we might want to exchange the header area with nice
images, maps, little green people and so on but in the meantime that we
have more pressing things on our hands please make it simple flat green.

Bets regards,
Arnulf.

On Sun, January 28, 2007 00:27, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> Yes, ditto, I agree too...  The usage guidelines, while not finalized,
> aren't going to change any more in terms of color content or anything like
> that -- and I certainly don't want to open up a discussion about exactly
> which shade of blue to use :-)
>
> -mpg

Arnulf Christl
http://www.wheregroup.com