[Webcom] Meeting & proposal

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Mar 14 03:46:53 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm unable to hold/chair a meeting tomorrow due to work conflicts.

On a different (but related) note...

I'd like to re-initiate my proposal to merge VisCom and WebCom into a communications committee.

ComCom :)

With MPG stepping down from VisCom, and my perceived need to consolidate rather than fragment volunteer effort, I really think that this is something we should think about.

I'm willing to accept the chair position in a combined committee (if I'm wanted), but between WebCom, FOSS4G, MapGuide, and my work-related projects I'm feeling a bit stressed.  A consolidated ComCom would help to relieve some of that, and would also allow for a broader set of folks willing to take over if I eventually need to move away from this role.

If the folks on this list are accepting, I'll then propose this idea to VisCom, and (assuming that they also agree) together we can make a formal application to the board to merge the committees.

Jason