[Webcom] Publishing the conference project pages

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon May 14 23:01:32 EDT 2007

Sure would be nice if we could just get that foss4g.org domain and set up a dedicated site on that... if not, conference.osgeo.org.

I see it as extremely important to have a consistent "message", look and feel to OSGeo.  I also see the foss4G conference as important on its own, and the amount of content that we will need to maintain as we archive previous years, manage future bids, and promote the current event will grow.  This is my main hesitation to slot it into the main www site; I think it would quickly outstrip that interface, and possibly even damage our main "message" or site focus if it wasn't done correctly.

I'm unfortunately on the road too and have to dedicate all of my time prepping for a presentation, so don't have time to research your questions.  Everyone's going through a learning curve on Drupal, and I'm personally hestiant to change the site structure without making sure that it's done in a way that will work for everyone (conference, geodata, etc, etc)

Jason