[Webcom] All Members wiki page.

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 17 15:02:39 EDT 2007

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:
> Hi,
> we should consider moving the content of the  "About" column on the [[All
> Members]] Wiki page to the corresponding user pages.
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/All_Members
>
> Maybe drop the whole page, it will not accomodate all members in the long
> run anway. And it is crap to edit.

Arnulf,

It is my hope that this would be superceeded by a "membership application"
on the Drupal site at some point.  This development is not really progressing
yet, though for me it is the next priority after completing the launch of the
service provider directory.

I agree that the wiki page is a bad idea.

> We could have people add themselves to a new [[Category:Member]] through
> their user pages if they want to show off their support publicly. I guess
> there has been as little progress on connecting LDAP with Mediawiki as
> there has been with OSGeo's membership application form. I will put
> someone to work on connecting Mediawiki.

I'll be honest - migrating the mediawiki and hooking it up to ldap still seemed
like a "lower priority" to me since it works pretty well as it is.  If we
want to host mediawiki on a telascience blade we will need to wait for LDAP
to be opened for remote access.  If we want to put it on the peer1 host we
could go ahead anytime someone with appropriate access to the server wants
to proceed.

/me starts a bunch of stuff about services and security but deletes it all
since this is not the sac list.