[Webcom] Motion: Add Wolf Bergenheim to WebCom

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Fri Oct 19 11:28:37 EDT 2007

On 19.10.2007 17:14, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> I see osgeo.net and www.osgeo.net point to the test server.  I'd like
> to suggest instead that we point these to osgeo1 and only have
> test.osgeo.net pointing to osgeo2.  That way it is quite unlikely
> that people will end up at the server by accident.

Actually it would be very good to have a test.osgeo.org sub-domain which
would mirror the osgeo.org domain, so that we could test before
deploying things like:

grass.osgeo.org would have a test/demo domain (hosted at osgeo2) at
grass.test.osgeo.org

Another option would be to use the osgeo.net for that, but that could
confuse users quite a lot.

> It might also be prudent to put a disclaimer at the top of the test
> server main page.

That might be a good idea.

--Wolf

--