[Webcom] Upgrading Drupal to 5.3

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 26 12:22:14 EDT 2007

Wolf Bergenheim wrote:
> One last important note about the other sites: ALL Drupal sites will
> need to be upgraded, so we are going to need to run the update cycle on
> each one. So am I right in assuming that we have 4 sites: osgeo, fdo and
> mapbender. What about mapserver? To be able to do the upgrade I need to
> take control of user/1 (admin) on all sites :/ (bold request, I know).
>
>> Otherwise, if you were willing to make this all happen, then great!
>> But it could be bad for you to run out of steam in the middle.
>>

> I'm willing to do all this and more! I find it to be fun and interesting
> (since I don't do this for work [anymore]). I won't run out of steam as
> long as we plan this throughly first. Preparation work such as
> downloading the 5.3 source and all the modules can be commenced while we
> plan. Not to mention the fact on what a bad rep it would give me ;)

Wolf,

The plan sounds good to me.  I think it would be prudent to extend an
account and sudo access on osgeo1 to you as well so that you can do
your own mysql dumps, etc.   I will make such a motion on the SAC list.

I'd suggest you write up the plan a bit in the wiki, and work with
Howard and/or Shawn on dns changes.