[Webcom] civiCRM layout

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Sat Sep 8 20:03:36 EDT 2007

I've added a new css file to our theme (themes/osgeo/civicrm.css) as I'm
not able to access Civicrm theme dir.

This css solves some of the style problems Tyler found using Civicrm but
not all of them.
We still have to evaluate if there are pages with problems.
I've worked on a local copy of:
http://www.osgeo.org/civicrm/contact/add?ct=Organization&reset=1
(only admins can see it for the moment)

I need to alter Civicrm template to let Internet Explorer work smootly.
some forms are too large and brake the layout.

I've started playing with the W3C validator and:
- I've changed Doc-type from XHTML-strict  to HTML 4.01 transitional
and added Content-type:

- Page are not yet valid due to <style> definition that should be
 <LINK href="my.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

I feel that a portal, with so many modules on, will not be able to
maintain XHTML-strict validation (actually it was not a valid document).
we can discuss on this.

that's all for tonight

ciao
Lorenzo