[Webcom] cleaning layout suggestions / progress on new marketing material?

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Wed Jan 16 15:10:34 EST 2008

dear all,

While shaking my head over the lack of plan, indexable HTML links at
http://www.osgeo.org/search_profile it was also occurring to me that
the pages look rather cluttered with navigation.

I'd suggest dropping the right-hand column (the one with the begging
paypal tip-jar and the list of projects) from most pages except for
the front page, instead adding a 'OSGeo projects' index page leftside.

Then it occurred to me that maybe layout/design suggestions are futile
now because we're waiting on a renovation package from Birgit's people.
How is all that going, when are we likely to see prototypes, how much
work is it going to be to convert whatever they suggest into HTML and
should that be budgeted or planned for?

cheers,

jo