[Webcom] German language translation of the main page & general confusion

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Jan 25 13:10:37 EST 2008

On Fri, January 25, 2008 18:33, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
> 2008/1/25, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas <xurxosanz at gmail.com>:
>
>> 2008/1/25, Arnulf Christl <arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> sorry that I did not check earlier - but it seems that since the last
>>> uphaul there is no more German language entry page. I cannot
>>> translate the start page either - at least it is not a standard
>>> page?!
>>>
>>> When I am logged in as arnulf I see the pages:
>>> * http://www.osgeo.org/
>>> * http://www.osgeo.org/home
>>> as can be seen in this screen shot:
>>> http://www.mapbender.org/presentations/osgeo_frontpage.png
>>>

>>> I cannot edit the link behind the German language menu item that
>>> currently points to the alias <front>. I cannot translate the page
>>> <front> either as I do not know the id of that page.
>>>

>> Hi Arnulf, I can help you with the front page translations:
>>

>> Parts of frontpage should be translated independently as single
>> articles
>>
>> http://www.osgeo.org/home_top
>> http://www.osgeo.org/home_bottom
>>

>> About news I can't say anything as I haven't attempted to translate
>> anyone.
>>

> Even more, now I realize that something strange is happening with news
> and events and non-english versions of osgeo site...
>
> No translated content is not appearing in non-english.
>

> I've just created a translation for spanish of the deegree new and now
> it appears on the Spanish version.
>
> I think this should be the same for the events... keep working...
> --
> Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
> Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía
> http://www.geomaticblog.net
> http://www.prodevelop.es

I cannot translate:
http://www.osgeo.org/feedback

And it seems a little odd when it appears under "Contact". Imagine you are
big blue IBM and you want to contact OSGeo for a really big thing and you
end up on a "feedback" form. Just changing the name would probably already
solve this.

Regards,

--
Arnulf Benno Christl