[Webcom] postgresql installation

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Thu Oct 9 15:15:51 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to build postgres from source on my test redhat7.2 VM in the
moment (for the Mediawiki UserMap stuff).
I'm doing it according to this [1] HowTo. With the actual version 8.3.4.
And I ran to this [2] very same problem.
I figured that this is a very specific problem of this redhat version. I
could proceed with the installation according to the answer of the
mentioned problem thread, by hacking the makefile. But the version I'm
using for the test installation is not the version of rhel, which is
running on the server.

My question: can somebody provide me a download of the rhel version
which is runnig on the server?
Or shall I do the installation directly on the server, with fixing
upcoming problems on the fly?

Thanks and regards,
Christian

[1]: http://wiki.scinterface.com/index.php/HowTo:_Install_PostgreSQL