[Webcom] mediawiki caching

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Thu Apr 16 14:46:52 EDT 2009

Hello,

after some stress full weeks at university/work and a week of holidays
:P, I found some energy to take care of the usermap installation again. :)

To install the improvements (you can see them on my wiki [1], [2]), I
would need to disable the caching of the wiki (as described here [3]),
without it the admin interface would not be updated and interaction as
intendet would not work.
I do not know how "bad" that would be for the performance of the wiki
server.

Actually I found a statement that says, that MediawikiCaching slows
things down [4]. But I'm not sure if one can trust this?

My question is, can somebody prove/disprove this post or better, does
somebody have some experience with mediawiki caching in detail?

And if nobody can say, what about testing this option for maybe a day or
two, and looking at the server load if it would be affordable to set the
caching off?

Thanks a lot for your help.

best regards,
Christian