[Webcom] drupal - translation overview module

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Jul 14 12:32:05 EDT 2009

Anne Ghisla wrote:
> the Portal Translation Status is definitely hard to mantain (sic).
> For translation status overview, there's a Drupal module [0] that nicely
> does the job, and furthermore marks trasnlated page as outdated when the
> original version is modified.
> Is it possible to integrate with current translation module(s), and see
> if it can substitute the coordination page on the wiki?

Before we get to the v6 upgrade, I thought I'd mention that some
translators simply monitor the recent changes RSS feed from the website.
  Then I follow a simple method of labeling my changes to the site with
a language code prefix, eg.:  "en: adding more text" - then you can see
new pages, as well as modified changes to english content.

Hmm, but now that I look at it, I think the recent changes page may be
easier to use than the RSS feed.  The RSS feed shows a diff but the web
page shows a summary log comment:

The recent changes page:
http://www.osgeo.org/recent_changes

And the RSS feed: