[Webcom] foss4g banner

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Nov 19 13:31:23 EST 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:02:34 +0100
Lorenzo Becchi <lorenzo at ominiverdi.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Tyler Mitchell <tmitchell at osgeo.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Great - now is anyone interested in helping create a basic portal
> > for FOSS4G.org in general?  At the moment it points to the
> > conference system, but we can change it to a page instead.  Any
> > ideas on this?
> >

> yep, a very very very simple page, with the list of all events and
> links to all of them
>
> I can help for this

That'd be good.  I was envisioning that we could have foss4g.org
naturally have links to the historic sites but also always have a
prominent link to the current site.  If there was a way to just use
foss4g.org in the future wouldn't it make some things much simpler, at
least DNS management would be simpler.

Anyway, your help on a simple page would be appreciated - with a big
2010 banner on it too :)