[Webcom] drupal - translation overview module

Marie Silvestre marie_silvestre at yahoo.fr
Sat Oct 3 10:06:12 EDT 2009

I'm indeed using the "recent changes page" to keep an eye on... well... changes and having the "en:" prefix helps a lot, thanks for keeping doing that!
That's a shame I haven't done anything on the website since last year but right now I'm trying to update pages and resume translation of other non-translated pages.

I thought of something that could really help translators:a page showing all english nodes with the date of the last revision in every other languages.
Something like that :
node ; en ; fr ; it ; etc.
http://www.osgeo.org/content/faq/getting_started.html ; 2009-09-15 22:16 ; 2009-10-03 12:04 ; 2009-07-11 18:36 ; etc.
(it could have the time difference instead and no value for non translated nodes)

It will help spotting non translated pages and pages that really need an update.
Of course event and news nodes should be left aside because imho it would just be confusing and mess things up too much.

If it's a problem to have this kind of page online it could be queried every month or week and sent as a text file to this list.

I haven't yet analysed why I 've stopped working on translation on the website for a year but I think the clumsiness of the current system may be part of the explanation...

So it would really really really help!

Marie